The weather has changed. This morning it is warm - way above freezing. The snow is gone and the ice is melting. The air is thick with the water that was in the snow and ice. It feels damp on my face when I go out. Everywhere I look there is a foggy mist.

It's hard to take a picture of the mist! It's rather like trying to take a picture from inside a cloud. Actually, it is
just like trying to take a picture from inside a cloud because clouds are full of moisture just like this mist. So instead of taking a picture of mist, I took a picture of ice melting on the pond. You can sort-of see the mist rising from it.
Days like this remind me of an old poem that you probably remember:
"One misty, moisty morning
When cloudy was the weather
I chanced to meet an old man
Clothed all in leather.
He began to compliment
And I began to grin
'How do you do?' and 'How do you do?'
And 'How do you do?' again."
I didn't meet an old man, but I did greet the nuthatches and cardinals and chickadees that were waiting for me to fill the bird feeder.
No comments:
Post a Comment