Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Letter From A Lizard

Dear Wren,

It looks like it's cold where you live. Here in the south, it's sunny and warm.


This morning I got to bask in the sun at my favorite lake. The egret and sea gulls were also enjoying the warm weather.


The ducks like to sunbathe while standing on one leg. They stay that way for hours. I don't know how they do it.


But they seem to enjoy it. You have to admire birds who can hold that pose for so long and look so calm.


I prefer to keep all four legs underneath me, where they belong.
Love,
Lizard

2 comments:

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Hello Lizard,
I'm glad to hear from you.
Those ducks have good balance. I tried to stand on one leg like they do. I fell over.
I wonder why they stand like that? Birds here put one leg up in their feathers for warmth. It's like putting your hand in your coat pocket. But where you live you don't need a coat and they don't need to warm their feet. Do you think it is just a comfortable way to relax?
Love,
Wren

Jacquelyn Nasca, MS said...

Dear Wren.... I also tried to stand on one foot but momma said "can you do it for hours?... " that's when I gave up. How do they have such good balance? I think they like bathing in the sun, but what I am really wondering is how did that lizard know how to talk?

JMH (initials..)