
One morning when I went out it was icing. Not raining, not snowing, not sleeting - just icing. It was like a mist of ice. It covered the branches with a sleek invisible shield. It covered the dry winter grass too and when I stepped on it I slid almost all the way down the hill.

A Cardinal didn't see the ice and tried to land on the thick branch by the window. He looked suprised as he slid down its slippery side. Then he flew up to a smaller branch and tried to look as if nothing had happened.

Now the clouds are beginning to let the sun shine a little. The ice is melting. It is still so cold that it doesn't melt all at once. It runs down and freezes again and melts again and freezes again and makes these icicles.
Can you see the drops of water at the pointy ends of the icicles?
2 comments:
no........kinda hard.......the camera was to far away........Szwiqz
Well, there was supposed to be one more picture and in that one, you could really see the drops. Only I couldn't get it to load! Sorry about that.
-oldwren
Post a Comment