When I looked outside this morning, there were no birds to be seen.
Everything was very still. That's unusual. Usually at least one bird flies by. Or I hear one calling - always at least one.
"Where are all the birds?" I wondered. I began to look carefully. There - across the pond and up in the trees -- there was something.
Something big was sitting up there. It was really big.
It turned its head and I could see its sharp beak. Really sharp!
It looked over its back with its sharp red eye.
It picked up one sharp claw and tucked it up in its feathers.

2 comments:
I think that I know where all the birds are... the hawk wanted to eat the little birds for breakfast... but they didn't want to get eaten so they flew away so they wouldn't get eaten by the mean ole' hawk... Jacob
Maybe the hawk knew..... he just wanted to look innocent...... that hawk is probly very hungery...... S
Post a Comment