Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lizard Finds Some Shelter

Dear Wren,

It's raining here today, but it doesn't really bother me. I can easily fit under a leaf or in a small crevice, and to be honest, that's where I've been spending most of my time lately anyway. I probably won't get out much until it starts getting hot outside.
Other animals aren't so lucky. This wet and bedraggled squirrel has been outside looking for food all afternoon.

I've seen him hiding in the hollow part of this tree, but he wasn't there today.

Sometimes he sits high up in the tree, where the leaves and branches give him some shelter from the rain, but he wasn't there today either.

He sat in the rain nibbling on seeds for a long time, and then I saw him jump up on the fence. He shook himself like a dog, ran his front paws over his face a few times, and then went right back to his rainy lunch.
What do you do when it rains?
Love,
Lizard

1 comment:

TemporaryLibrarian said...

Dear Lizard,
No matter how wet and rainy it is, I still have to get out to eat! But I do look for food in bushy places where the tangle of branches gives me a little shelter from the rain. Today the rain was actually ice. Everything is very slippery here.
Wren