The earth's shadow began to move across the moon.

By this time the moon was so high in the sky that I had to go outside to see it. I put on two pairs of pants, a jacket under my coat, two scarves, a wool hat, wooly gloves, and my big insulated rubber boots. It was 12 degrees F out.
The snow crunched under my feet. I heard a dog bark, far away. A pickup truck went by trailing a thumping sound behind it. When it was gone everything was very very quiet. I felt like the only warm thing in the world.
The Big Dipper hung upended in the North. Orion stood over the house. The stars were sparkly bright. I looked at the moon with my binoculars. It was a huge red-orange ball. I forgot about how cold and late it was and just stared for a long time.
2 comments:
What a great picture!
I love this post!
Post a Comment