Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Punkin plops

The snow is melting and strange things are showing up underneath it.
I was looking for little green leaves of crocus to pop up here.
Every year I look for the first flowers in this spot. But instead the melting snow revealed two flat round things.
They look like giant squishy pancakes.
You might not guess what these big pale plops once were.
Last fall they were big round orange pumpkins.

They looked like this. They were BIG and round and very orange!

They were going to be jack-o-lanterns but we never got around to carving faces in them.

They got left out all winter in the snow and ice.

Now they are very FLAT.
And half frozen.
They are too squishy to pick up. I am going to have to shovel them into a bucket to carry them away.
THEN we'll see if crocus will pop out and bloom.
Do you think something else might happen here?
Remember that these pumpkins were full of seeds.

No comments: