Saturday, March 15, 2008

Letter to Oldwren

Dear Oldwren,

Today we went on a bike ride to the woods by the University. It was a beautiful, warm sunny day!


But I soon became impatient. "MaMA! I want to find a fox!"

So Mama looked for a fox. But she was easily distracted. "Look! Trees!"

Then I got distracted! "Look! a patch of soft moss with spiders crawling on it!"
There just didn't seem to be very many foxes around. We hypothesized that they were inside eating lunch. At least, that's what some of us felt like doing! We went inside the University to the small zoo. We looked at all the creatures, live and stuffed, that they have on display. And while I was sitting there eating my Bretzel, a man came up to me and handed me a real...
...SNAKE SKIN! I'm taking it to Kindergarten on Monday!
Love, Wm HF




1 comment:

TemporaryLibrarian said...

I love the tall trees and the green moss you saw - I think foxes usually come out at twilight. I did once see one in the daytime, sitting on our driveway looking at the bird feeder, but mostly I think you see them in the evening.
How did your friends like the snake skin?
love, OldWren