The horse and I have something in common.

We've both had our teeth cleaned recently.

The horse is not fond of the procedure. Does he look suspicious?
He knows something is going to happen.
First he gets shots.
One of the shots is to make him relax.

It makes the horse so relaxed that he can't hold his head up. So it has to be balanced on a sling on top of a pole. The vet is the dentist. He cranks open the horse's mouth with a metal device that holds it open while he works. The vet wears a light on his forehead to help him see inside the mouth.
He smooths down the points on the horse's teeth with a long power tool.
He takes off plaque with a tool that looks like a wrench.
He puts his whole hand and part of his arm up in the horse's mouth to feel which teeth need treated.

Afterwards the horse can barely stand up. I make him stagger around with me so that he can walk off the effect of the shot. This takes about an hour.
I think I prefer my dentist.
No comments:
Post a Comment