I decided to pull the Virginia Creeper vine off the rails of the deck. I tugged and clipped and ripped. I stuffed the vines down into an old garbage can to carry off for composting.
Then something moved on the sage plant next to the railings. It looked like a stick with legs. It turned its tiny head to look at me with its huge eyes.
Then I saw another one right where I pulled off the vines. It was pretty well camouflaged before I took off its cover, wasn't it? I'll bet the vines were full of them.
See how it holds its front legs together as if it is praying? That must be why it is called a "Praying" Mantis.
You could also call it a "Preying" Mantis because it is a ferocious predator that eats all sorts of other insects.
See how it holds its front legs together as if it is praying? That must be why it is called a "Praying" Mantis.
You could also call it a "Preying" Mantis because it is a ferocious predator that eats all sorts of other insects.
No comments:
Post a Comment